Re: nnimap article editing revisited

> IMHO Gnus should not modify the mail to achieve this -- "fixing"
> articles should be at the display level.  Also, if we do this stuff at
> the display level at will be more general, ie it would work with nntp,
> nnmh etc.

Far from all fixing can be done at the display level.

Much of it has to be done interactively and some of it (eg. fixing a
non-standard forward from pine) can only be done by actually editing
the message.

How do you fix the mapping of application/octet-stream to the MIME
type it actually is?  How would you handle rethreading?

I guess it can be done by adding MIME-type maps for particular message
parts in multipart messages.  I guess rethreading can be handled by
remapping.

But both would require changes deep into Gnus.  And where would you
store the mapping information?

It's not something I could never live without.  As long as I'm using
the UoW server I can always telnet into the server and do an "emacs
-nw" on the mail folder to fix the impossible ones.

But I would like especially rethreading and MIME type changes to be
as _convenient_ as possible. :-)