Re: nnmail-remove-list-identifiers & nnimap

Mark Plaksin <happy@arches.uga.edu> writes:

> Is there a way to get the functionality of nnmail-remove-list-identifiers
> in nnimap groups?

No, this is impossible -- you simply can't edit articles with IMAP.

> Subject: [nnimap] Isn't nnimap wonderful?
>
> into this:
>
> Subject: Isn't nnimap wonderful?
>
> which is much better for those of us who filter our mail.

Gnus should provide this functionality -- ie when viewing
Summary/Article buffers it should use a `gnus-remove-list-identifiers'
or something that is applied to all articles. This way the backend
isn't involved at all, like it should be, IMHO.

I think I've written patches for this twice, but never gotten around
to submit them to Lars. I've probably deleted them, but I could make a
third attempt...

-s