Re: nnimap article editing revisited

Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:

> > IMHO Gnus should not modify the mail to achieve this -- "fixing"
> > articles should be at the display level.  Also, if we do this stuff at
> > the display level at will be more general, ie it would work with nntp,
> > nnmh etc.
>
> Far from all fixing can be done at the display level.

Hm, ok. I don't think I've ever felt the need to edit a article so I
wouldn't know.

Is there a way to edit the local copy of a dormant article?  This
looks like a promising solution to me.

Mark a article as dormant and edit it. If the backend support article
editing, all is fine and you just replace the article in the backend
and in the local spool, like it currently does (I imagine). If the
backend doesn't support article editing, it saves the article to the
local spool and mark the article with a new mark `M' or something to
indicate that it has been locally modified.

At least I would be very happy with this, I like to keep the original
mail unmodified and have my modifications elsewhere.

-s