nnimap article editing revisited

> Mark Plaksin <happy@arches.uga.edu> writes:
>> Is there a way to get the functionality of nnmail-remove-list-identifiers
>> in nnimap groups?

> No, this is impossible -- you simply can't edit articles with IMAP.

Except maybe through the trick you thought about: deleting the old
article and inserting a new article with a new UID.

This is an ugly hack, but article editing is a very useful back door
for fixing much of the brokenness of today's MUAs.

Everything from retreading (which could maybe be done in another
way...?) to fixing broken MIME headers or turning an erronously
forwarded (done by elm) MIME message into a readable message where I
could extract the attachments.