Re: new version ready for heavy use?

Osma Ahvenlampi <oa@razorfish.fi> writes:

> > >  - "this shouldn't happen" is pretty common
> > Work around this by pressing `C' and `O' on a the nnimap server in the
> > server buffer (`^' from the group buffer). This is not solved in 0.8x
> > but will be once nnimap.el is completely rewritten.
>
> It doesn't always work with multiple nnimap accounts
> configured. Specifically, sometimes when I go into the server buffer,
> I see two lines for one account in there, one (the first one) of which
> is 'denied', and nothing I do can change that, short of quitting and
> restarting Gnus.

`C' should change the state to closed. If not, try `R' which resets
the denied state of a server. If this does not work I suspect there is
a Gnus problem here.

> > The flag stuff are more reliable, and with a recent nnimap and pGnus
> > 0.81 I think the flag problem you were seeing will be gone.
>
> Hmm, I'm running Gnus v5.6.44, so I guess starting to upgrade would be
> a pretty involved operation if I have to upgrade Gnus as well. I've
> done it before, but it takes a while.

Yup. Also, Gnus bugs which bites nnimap users (related to flag
setting) has been fixed since then. Once pGnus 0.81 is out I'll update
the patch page. I won't create patches for Gnus 5.6.x or earlier, I
think it requires too much patching.

The patch page, http://www.extundo.com/nnimap/patches.html, is
slightly out of date right now but should get better after the
weekend.

-s