Re: new version ready for heavy use?

>> - I can't untick (remove the "important" flag) from a message -
>> next time I enter the folder, the message is ticked again.

> I've heard this reported with the 0.8x series too but I've never
> seen it myself. You can help me debug this by performing theese
> steps (either with 0.39 or 0.8x):

I still occasionally see it with nnimap 0.93 and pgnus 0.80 but not
nearly as often as I used to.  On the other hand, I've never been big
on using ticks.

> [instructions for tracing]

When I see it again, I will do that.

>> - "this shouldn't happen" is pretty common

> Work around this by pressing `C' and `O' on a the nnimap server in
> the server buffer (`^' from the group buffer). This is not solved in
> 0.8x but will be once nnimap.el is completely rewritten.

I got a bit impatient with jumping to the server buffer all the time
so I did the following, which is probably only good in some environments:

(defadvice gnus-group-get-new-news (before reset-imap-srvrs activate)
  (message "Closing imap servers...")
  (nnimap-close-server "linus")
  (nnimap-close-server "mailsrv1")
  (message "Done"))

I added similar advice to gnus-group-expire-all-groups and
gnus-demon-scan-mail.  I haven't been hit with "this shouldn't happen"
since.  Fortunately our internal network is fairly fast so constantly
reopening connections to my two imap servers works OK for me.  I
wouldn't recommend this for slow lines.
--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730