Re: Performance Problems

Jody M. Klymak <jklymak@apl.washington.edu> writes:

> The problem is using level gets - i.e. 3-g to get all Level three
> groups or above.  When I do this, I get "Updating info for
> nnimap+kraken:mail/nnimap" for each group level three or above.  If I
> simply hit g it updates all my groups, but only using the "Checking
> ..." method.
>
> How can I make 3-g do a "check" instead of an "update"?

You can't.  This is a missing feature in Gnus.  Simon has already
submitted a feature request (on the Gnus mailing list), and Lars has
agreed to do it.  So, when Gnus has this feature, Simon can add code
to make use of it in nnimap.

kai
--
This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish English flutzpahs,
but the overall pluggandisp can be glorked from context. -- David Moser