Re: Mark as unread

David> David S. Goldberg <URL:mailto:dsg@mitre.org>

0> In article <m1bemfkcj5t.fsf@blackbird.mitre.org>, David wrote:

David> I'm sure its a Gnus issue, but I'm no longer sure it's
David> duplicate suppression.  I just set debug-on-entry for
David> gnus-summary-clear-mark-forward and stepped through it.
David> Sure enough it calls gnus-dup-unsuppress-article which
David> appears to do what you want.

Right, so Gnus is doing something special to unsuppress the article.
It can do this because it was Gnus that marked it unread.  It can't do
it as simply in the case we're discussing (it was a different client
that marked it unread, remember).  I'm beginning to think that we're
stuck with the present behaviour :-(

David> Sure enough, when I do M-u on articles, they are not getting
David> marked as duplicates in subsequent Gnus sessions, either in
David> nnml or nnimap groups.

Yes, that wasn't in dispute.  As I said, 3 out of the 4 cases work
correctly, only unmark-in-other-and-read-in-Gnus doesn't work.