Re: Mark as unread

> To me, the point of marking it unread is that I'll read it when I'm
> very good if it's immediately marked as read by the duplicate
> suppression stuff.  I'd like to suppress the duplicate suppression
> in this case!

> It is still the same article, (with the same article number) -
> surely duplicate suppression should only happen to new articles
> (higher than the old high-water mark), or perhaps it should remember
> the group and article number of the "master copy".  I'm no longer
> sure that this is nnimap-specific an more; it could be a Gnus issue.

I'm sure its a Gnus issue, but I'm no longer sure it's duplicate
suppression.  I just set debug-on-entry for
gnus-summary-clear-mark-forward and stepped through it.  Sure enough
it calls gnus-dup-unsuppress-article which appears to do what you
want.  Sure enough, when I do M-u on articles, they are not getting
marked as duplicates in subsequent Gnus sessions, either in nnml or
nnimap groups.  I don't know why its not working right for you.
--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B325\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730