Re: Mark as unread

Toby Speight <Toby.Speight@streapadair.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> Try this little experiment:
>
> * Read an IMAP group (with nnimap, or any other client)
> * In a non-Gnus client, mark an article as unread
> * In Gnus's *Group* buffer, press 'g'
> * Note that the group with an unread article doesn't appear in Gnus as
>   unread.
>
> Doing this the other way around works fine - if I mark an article
> unread using Gnus, it immediately appears as an unread article in the
> other client.

The unread count in group buffers is an estimate (this is even
documented). It will not be correct in the case you outline. When you
enter the group (or even press M-g on the group) accurate data is
fetched from the server and the unread count is updated.

Fixing this would require some fundamental changes in Gnus, so I'm
hesitant to do it before 1.0 is included in pgnus.