Re: Expire and Delete again

Jody Klymak wrote:

> Thus the
> work-around special mark "gnus-expire" gives gnus a way to check if a
> message has been marked for expiry or not and then checks its age to
> see if it should be marked \Delete.

I agree. However, as long as there is no support to have a special mark
for \Delete'd messages in the Gnus/nnimap, I don't consider nnimap
really compliant to imap.  I don't want to make imap fit the needs of
Gnus, Gnus must fit the needs of imap.  imap is a standard, Gnus is
not.  Gnus/nnimap way of ignoring the \Delete flag results in trouble in
different circumstances.  [1]

BTW, Gnus + nnimap is a great peace of software and I don't want to miss
it, I just want to improve it.

Jens Krinke
[1] For example, I have to patch the UW-IMAP server because the nntp
proxy just knows \Deleted, which nnimap ignores and always presents me
all messages as unread.