Re: Expire and Delete again

> Kai Großjohann wrote:
>> Do you see the difference?
>>
>> Suppose that Gnus would also use the \Deleted flag.  Suppose
>> further that you mark as expirable a message, fully aware of the
>> fact that it will stick around another week.  Then, you use a
>> different IMAP client which issues the EXPUNGE command -- your
>> message is gone!

> Yes. This is exactly what I want.

Then don't use E to mark messages as expirable.  Instead, use B-DEL
which in the nnimap case marks them as \Deleted.  And turn off the
nnimap-expunge-on-close variable.  If you want auto-expire-like
functionality, you could probably do something with
gnus-mark-article-hook that does B-DEL in nnimap groups.  I don't know
if nnimap has a way of removing that mark, however.  I seem to recall
that Netscape does.  As I recall from earlier discussion on this list
(is the list archived?) the gnus-deleted mark is specifically designed
to support Gnus idea of expiry, which I think is not what you want.
--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B325\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730