Re: Expire and Delete again

 DS> Then don't use E to mark messages as expirable.  Instead, use B-DEL
 DS> which in the nnimap case marks them as \Deleted.  And turn off the
 DS> nnimap-expunge-on-close variable.

If I do that there is no way to see which articles are marked for
deletion when I reenter that group.

 DS> that Netscape does.  As I recall from earlier discussion on this
list
 DS> (is the list archived?) the gnus-deleted mark is specifically
designed
 DS> to support Gnus idea of expiry, which I think is not what you
 DS> want.

IMHO Gnus idea of expiry is much more similar to the imap concept of
delete than Gnus idea of deletion.  If Gnus delete something it's gone
immediately and there is no way of recovering.

 >> This command actually deletes articles.	 This is not a marking
  command.  The article will disappear forever from your life, never to
  return. <<

Jens Krinke
 Jens Krinke                                          j.krinke@gmx.de
 +49 851 509 3096        http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/st/staff/krinke