Expire and Delete again

Hi,

I still don't understand why nnimap is using its own mark gnus-deleted
instead of \Deleted.  Let me explain my setup:

In nnimap I don't delete articles, but mark them as expirable (`E').
As long as I don't expunge, these articles are kept around and marked
with an E in the summary buffer. As soon as I expunge they get
deleted.  However, If I use a different client like netscape, I also
mark articles as deleted and keep those folders until I compress the
folder.  However, those articles that I marked as deleted via netscape
are not marked differently than read articles in the summary
buffer. On the other hand, those articles get expunged if I invoke
expunge from nnimap.  It looks like nnimap is not using the \Deleted
flag at all, it only sets it togehter with gnus-deletd.  (As a proof I
appended a fragment of *imap-log*.

So, why is nnimap using gnus-deleted and not \Deleted?

BTW, its nnimap 130

Jens Krinke

833 SELECT "IMAP/Kommerz/Travel"
* 2 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 935343375] UID validity status
* OK [UIDNEXT 5] Predicted next UID
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Draft \Seen)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\* \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Draft \Seen)] Permanent flags
833 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed
834 UID SEARCH UNSEEN UNDELETED
* SEARCH
834 OK UID SEARCH completed
835 UID SEARCH SEEN
* SEARCH 3 4
835 OK UID SEARCH completed
836 UID SEARCH FLAGGED
* SEARCH
836 OK UID SEARCH completed
837 UID SEARCH ANSWERED
* SEARCH
837 OK UID SEARCH completed

There was no search for deleted  articles!

838 UID SEARCH UID 3:4
* SEARCH 3 4
838 OK UID SEARCH completed
839 UID FETCH 3:4 (UID RFC822.SIZE ENVELOPE BODY BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (References)])
* 1 FETCH...

)
* 2 FETCH...

)