IMAP error not handled

Using Pterodactyl Gnus v0.95 and nnimap 0.123.

I found that the following message:

  To: Kai Großjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE>
  Cc: nnimap@extundo.com
  Subject: Re: Post to nnimap?
  From: Amos Gouaux <amos+lists.nnimap@utdallas.edu>
  Date: 16 Jul 1999 01:29:35 -0500
  Sender: owner-nnimap@vic20.globalcom.se

got filed by procmail into one of my nnml sources rather than properly
being passed through the deliver program to my IMAP server (where I
file this mailing list).  I figured I got caught yet again by one of
my overly broad regexps in my .procmailrc.  No big deal.  I just B-m
the article to the IMAP group so I can read it in its proper thread
context.

To my surprise, the article never made it to the IMAP group.  Upon
review of *imap-log* I see

       1114 APPEND "INBOX.gnus-imap" {3193}
       + go ahead

       [entire text of article ...]

       1114 NO Message contains non-ASCII characters in headers
       1115 EXAMINE "INBOX.gnus-imap"
       * FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen gnus-dormant
         gnus-expire gnus-save)
       * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen
         gnus-dormant gnus-expire gnus-save \*)]
       * 18 EXISTS
       * 0 RECENT
       * OK [UNSEEN 16]
       * OK [UIDVALIDITY 903716674]
       1115 OK [READ-ONLY] Completed

and upon further review of my procmail log, I see a failure message
from deliver complaining about the non-ASCII header.

OK, so this message is probably a pathological case.  Apparently my
imap server (Cyrus IMAP4 v1.5.10) can't handle it.  However, because I
tried B-m to move the article, it is now nowhere to be found in any of
my mail areas (nnml or nnimap) and I can only read it in *imap-log*.
For this particular article, that's not so bad, but I wouldn't want to
lose an important message from my boss or my wife.  I haven't looked
at the source for B-m yet, but I suspect it has some means of
detecting a failure on the receiving back end and doesn't do the remove
on the source if it detects it.  nnimap should be able to detect this
sort of error and report it.  Other than what I see in *imap-log*,
there's no indication in XEmacs that anything went wrong (e.g. nothing
in *Message-Log*).

Thanks,
--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B325\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730