Re: Post to nnimap?

Kai Großjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE> writes:

> I just tried to post to an nnimap group, but it doesn't work:
>
>     Couldn't send message via news: Nnimap doesn't support posting
>
> Why is this?  I mean, I can write to an nnimap group with Gcc, so it
> should be easy to allow writing to it via the Newsgroups header, no?

Yes, commited to cvs. It doesn't create groups if they don't exist,
perhaps nnimap should ask the user (if it's to be created) in such
cases?

I'm also not sure how to handle errors, if a article is crossposted to
two groups and one post fails and one post succeds, is that a failure
or not? What if the first post is successful and the second fail? The
error message need to contain which groups failed, I presume.

I believe nntp post asynchronously and complain only afterward, isn't
the article buffer I composed lost then? (Perhaps that's why Gnus
default to not kill the buffers?)  Nnimap doesn't post them
asynchronously anyway, but there's no error checking right now
either. I'll add that before 0.124.