Re: IMAP error not handled

David S. Goldberg <dsg@mitre.org> writes:

>        1114 NO Message contains non-ASCII characters in headers

If I use

    From: Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE

people (only those in German newsgroups, it seems) complain that the
real name part (there is none) of the From header doesn't contain a
space.  Yet I find that this From header is somehow elegant...

The following line is redundant

    From: Kai Grossjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE>

And the following line seems to lead to problems due to the eight bit
character (even though it is of course properly encoded with quoted
unreadable stuff by Gnus):

    From: Kai Großjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE>

Ick.  What should I do?  Is there no way for me to get my _real_ real
name into the From header without somebody complaining?

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.