Post to nnimap?

I just tried to post to an nnimap group, but it doesn't work:

    Couldn't send message via news: Nnimap doesn't support posting

Why is this?  I mean, I can write to an nnimap group with Gcc, so it
should be easy to allow writing to it via the Newsgroups header, no?

(Our working group is starting to use shared folders (bboards in Cyrus
terminology), and for these it seems natural to use a Newsgroups
header.  Right now, we make do with the Gcc header, but it might be
mightily confusing for others who receive the message -- they think
they're the only recipient.)

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.