Re: nnimap article editing revisited

Kim-Minh Kaplan <kmkaplan@vocatex.fr> writes:

> There may be a way to solve this without actually modifying the mail.
> It would just require Gnus to remember the modifications (à la diff)
> that has been done on the original message.  Then after any
> request-article it will have to apply the modifications (à la patch)
> before continuing the normal process.  This modification would be
> stored in .newsrc.eld.
>
> The weakness I see is that other MUAs will not see the modifications.
> Even other Gnus running on other hosts will not see them.

Yup, that's a major drawback. But we could put that stuff in a mail
just like Steinar described.

I'll have a look at what it would it take to make the editing commands
in Gnus work if the article isn't replaced but instead deleted and a
new one is created. If that turn out to be too difficult, we could
come back to theese methods of simulating a
`nnimap-request-replace-article'.

-s