Re: uidvalidity problems

> On 07 Aug 2000, Bryan Ischo wrote:
>
> > I immediately followed your instructions - removing the uidvalidity
> > clause and leaving essentially an empty pair of parenthesis - and
> > yes, it did solve the problem.
>
> And did you do the clear-data thingy?

Yes.  I followed your instructions exactly.

> Did the message numbers change after the uidvalidity change?
>
> If the message numbers have changed and you forgot the clear-data
> thingy, you might be in for some problems.  Especially if the article
> numbers got smaller.  Then Gnus might have remembered that you have
> already seen message number 23, and when there is a _new_ number 23,
> Gnus won't show you.

Interesting that you point this out.  I have had this issue in other
folders, for which uidvalidity issues were never reported, in which
some messages which are in my mailbox are not shown.  This happens
after I use B-m to move more than one message at a time into a
different folder.  I go into that other folder, and find that only
the first message which was selected when I did B-m is visible.  At
first I thought the others were just gone but when I completely
removed my .newsrd.eld and News directory, the messages were then
visible.

Weird.  Aside from little quirks like the above, I find nnimap
to be soooooo nice ...

Thanks,
Bryan

        p l u m b d e s i g n