Re: uidvalidity problems

> Does it help to M-x gnus-group-clear-data RET for nnimap:INBOX, then
> `G p' it and remove the (uidvalidity . foo) stanza?  (Remove exactly
> one pair of parentheses.)
> kai

Well it happened again today.  Similar circumstances - read some mail
and deleted a message, then the uidvalidity message started popping
up.

I immediately followed your instructions - removing the uidvalidity
clause and leaving essentially an empty pair of parenthesis - and
yes, it did solve the problem.

Does this help in determining what might be causing this?

BTW, I noticed that MS Outlook (which a colleague of mine is using,
and recently I asked him to point his outlook at my Courier IMAP
mail server (the same one I am using nnimap on) to test it out),
has similar issues ... he actually got uidvalidity messages in his
Outlook as well, although there didn't seem to be any consequences.

Perhaps Courier IMAP does something which, although valid by the IMAP
spec, is not something that servers typically do and which clients
typically cannot handle - i.e., changing the uidvalidity?

Thanks, and best wishes,
Bryan

        p l u m b d e s i g n

        Bryan Ischo | Software Developer