gnus-agent with nnimap

I posted a mail earlier saying that the gnus agent feature was not
working for me with nnimap.  I've worked around my problem.  At least
part of it...

I deleted all the files in my ~/News/agent/nnimap directory.  Then I
tried again and found that I could download an imap directory and read
the mail offline.  Very nice!  ( I had to start gnus twice before it
worked.  Someone else posted about that long ago.)

However, when I toggle back to plugged and look at the same group, its
lost track of which articles were marked read.  I read something about this
in the nnimap mailing list archives.  So I'm wondering, what's the
current state of this issue?  Should it be able to remember which messages
are marked and update those messages on the server when I return to
plugged mode?  Do I have to do anything to make sure this happens?

I tried typing "J S" after returning to plugged mode, but I believe it
did not do anything at all.  I haven't tested sending messages while
unplugged yet.  That's next.

BTW, I am using Pterodactyl gnus v0.99, which comes with nnimap.

Thanks for any info.

-Dave