Re: Incredible Perfomance Increase!

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> I just upgraded from pgnus 0.95 and nnimap 0.126 to pgnus 0.99 with the
> included nnimap 0.131.  The difference in performance at startup is amazing!
> It apears that you are no longer updating the info for groups for which mail
> is not being split out of the INBOX.  Is this correct?

No, I think the speedup is due to my patch the other day that make
Gnus use `nnimap-retrieve-groups' to find out if there is new news
instead of `nnimap-request-group' which it used earlier.

Gnus still request the active info for all groups, otherwise Sieve
and/or "plussing" wouldn't work because they can deliver mail into any
mailbox.

> Or is it that this version of nnimap isn't working for me and it's
> so fast simply because it isn't doing anything?  :-)

Hopefully not. :-)   Tell me if that's the case.