Re: Incredible Perfomance Increase!

>>>>> On 16 Nov 1999 23:08:32 +0100, Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> said:

Simon> No, I think the speedup is due to my patch the other day that
Simon> make Gnus use `nnimap-retrieve-groups' to find out if there is
Simon> new news instead of `nnimap-request-group' which it used
Simon> earlier.

Actually, in the last week or so I was considering switching back to
nnml now that I have a laptop, and thats typically where I've been
reading mail all the time now.  nnimap was great, but way too slow.  I
even was doing some profiling to try to figure out why it was taking
so long.  It wasn't just on startup, or when fetching new news, but
also when entering groups.

However, with the latest CVS pgnus snapshot, I'm happy as a duck would
be after the polar icecaps melt.  Much much faster. wheeee....

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."