Re: nnimap and demons?

>>>>> On 05 Sep 1999 11:48:12 +0200, Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> said:

Simon> This might be nnimap. I've also noticed that emacs grows in
Simon> size with each `g' I execute. It might be a garbage collection
Simon> issue...

No, its probably because the debug logs grow beyond bounds if you
leave it running...

Simon, you should think about truncating these to a max number of
lines or something: as you insert some stuff, check its line length
and remove the top X lines or something to drop it back below the
threshold (configurable of course).

 *  *nnimap-debug* 1871373 Fundamental
 *  *imap-log*	   720153  Fundamental

Leaving gnus on and having the demon check my mail sometimes makes
these buffers so large that I almost hit the memory limit on the
machine (and even killing the buffers takes a minute or so because
everything is swapped).  Now the first think I do when I get back to a
long running emacs is to C-x C-b and kill them right off...

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."