Re: nnimap and demons?

Jody Klymak <jklymak@apl.washington.edu> writes:

> I am curious how (if?) people are using the demon functionality of
> gnus with nnimap.  Can it be done?

I am using it now. Only one problem - last night for the first time I
left emacs running (left self logged in at work for other job) and in
am it was out of memory. Haven't had time to check yet whether it's
core emacs-20.3, pgnus-0.95, or nnimap-0.129.

> What do I need to put in my .gnus?

My nnimap groups are all at levels 1 and 2

;; demons to scan for mail and news
;; whenever idle

(gnus-demon-add-handler (lambda () (gnus-group-get-new-news 2)) 5 t)
(setq gnus-use-demon t)

--
Hal Snyder
Vail Systems, Inc