Re: New nnimap

>> 5. The installation makefile/script should try to use emacs if
>> makeinfo is not available.

> Yes, 0.130 doesn't use makeinfo at all, thanks.

It would be nice if it would, if available.  I got the following error
when trying to build nnimap.info with EMACS=xemacs and xemacs version
is 20.4.

blackbird!dsg$ make EMACS=xemacs GNUSDIR=/afs/rcf/user/dsg/elisp/gnus/lisp nnimap.info
xemacs -batch -q -no-site-file -no-init-file -eval '(and (find-file "nnimap.texi") (texinfo-format-buffer) (save-buffer))'
Formatting Info file...
Converting nnimap.texi to Info format...
Formatting Info file: nnimap.info
Formatting: Introduction ...
Formatting: nnimap mailing list. ...
Formatting: Downloading, unpacking and compiling nnimap ...
@url is not handled by texinfo
XEmacs exiting.
make: *** [nnimap.info] Error 255

But building it with makeinfo ((GNU texinfo 3.11) 1.68) by hand,
worked just fine.  An easy fix would be to define a MAKEINFO in the
makefile, default it to the current ELCC command line and let the user
run make with MAKEINFO=makeinfo if desired.
--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B325\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730