trouble using nnimap with gnus

I hope this is not a FAQ.  I've read all the documentation I can find and I
still can't read my mail using nnimap and gnus.  I could be missing
something really basic, I've never used gnus before.

My system is this:
Windows NT 4.0
NTEmacs 20.4.1
pgnus 0.96
nnimap 0.129

I'm able to start gnus, and I've put the following in my .gnus

;; start .gnus
;; for debugging
(setq gnus-verbose 9)

;; where I installed nnimap
(add-to-list 'load-path "d:/dinstall/emacs/nnimap-0.129")
(require 'nnimap)

;;(setq gnus-nntp-server nil)

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      ;; this example copied from the nnimap site
      '((nnimap "dada"
                (nnimap-address "cyrus.andrew.cmu.edu")
                (nnimap-authenticator anonymous)
                (nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX" "archive.*")))
        ;; this is my mail server
        (nnimap "nexus.webmethods.com"
                (nnimap-address "nexus.webmethods.com")
                )
        )
      )
;; end .gnus

When gnus starts,  I see message which look like it is connecting to the
imap servers, and I am even prompted to log into the one that is not
anonymous access.  But after that nothing appears in gnus except some
default newsgroups.  I can't see my mail anywhere.  I've even hit "U" to see
all groups, and nothing looks like my imap settings.

Am I doing something wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

-Dave

BTW - I know my imap server is working because Outlook can read the mail.
Help me please or I'll be stuck using Outlook!!!