Re: nnimap questions

Michael Hirsch <hirsch@mathcs.emory.edu> writes:

> [...]  The read flag used by nnimap is the deleted flag on my imap
> server, which interacts badly with my other imap clients.  Using the
> "ticked when read" method makes the other mail clients see the
> messages as flagged, which is not so bad.

Erm...  Do you use total-expire?  Well, don't use total-expire if you
don't want its side effects.  Normally, nnimap uses a special
expirable mark which isn't used by any other IMAP client, and uses the
deleted flag only for actually deleting expirable articles.

Total-expire means that Gnus considers all messages marked as read to
be expirable (that is, marked for deletion after 7 days).

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.