Re: message count

>>>>> On 27 Jul 1999 14:22:52 +0200,
>>>>> Kai Großjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE> (kg) writes:

kg> If you wish not to update the read status of all groups, I
kg> suggest to use levels.  The variable gnus-activate-level
kg> specifies that groups with a level higher than this one will not
kg> be activated at startup (thus leaving you with "*").

I guess I need to play with that more.  I have my inbox at level 1,
and those folders that are "important" and directly receive mail
(bulletin boards) at level 2.  Using a sample offered by some kind
sole on this list, I have an automatic check for new mail for level
2 and above.

Anyway, I believe I tried setting the folders I didn't care to poll
at startup at level 4 (default is 3).  However, if I remember
correctly, they then became unsubscribed.  If I set
gnus-activate-level to 2, then none of the news groups will be
checked at startup, right?