Re: message count

>>>>> On 27 Jul 1999 14:34:18 +0200,
>>>>> Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> (sj) writes:

sj> What does `G E' on theese groups show? Especially the fifth
sj> field (I think it is), the select method. Is it different from
sj> the one in `gnus-secondary-select-method'?

Ah yes, these were different.  Oops, I guess I should have saved
just how they were different, huh?  I think they just had something
like `(nnimap "inbox")' (after doing `G e').  I set them up so that
they looked like the others, namely:

(nnimap "inbox"
        (nnimap-address "inbox-a.utdallas.edu")
        (nnimap-expunge-on-close always)
        (nnimap-list-pattern
         ("INBOX" "INBOX.*" "bb.*")))

Now they're consistent will all the others.  I imagine I can repeat
the events if desired.

sj> When you create groups with `G m' (possibly also auto-creation)
sj> the group info for that group contains a messed up select
sj> method.

Don't know if it matters, but when I created them I specified the
server as just "inbox", figuring it would find the definition above.

sj> Me too. Fetching number of unread articles per folder can be
sj> done asynchronously, I've been playing some with it.

Interesting.

Amos