message count

I seem to be experiencing an oddity with the message count on some
folders after starting up gnus.  Not sure if this is something
stupid I've done, a bug, or a feature.

I had a ton of IMAP folders before I started using nnimap.  When I
initiated nnimap, I went to the server window and subscribed to the
folders I wanted to be able to easily manipulate.  When I started up
gnus later, it would poll each of those folders (watch out IMAP
server!) and return some kind of value for the number of new
messages.  Okay, things working fine.

Since using nnimap, I've created some folders using nnimap itself.
I have no problems and these folders fit in place and work just like
the others.  Except, when I start up gnus, these folders are not
polled.  Instead, the new message count is a "*", and is not updated
until after opening that folder.  (To be honest, I wouldn't mind if
some, if not most, of my other "original" folders did that as well,
to speed up start up.)

Anyway, I just noticed that difference and was wondering of others
saw the same thing.  (nnimap-0.126, pgnus-0.95)

Amos