Re: undead articles (Re: nnimap 0.126 released)

Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

> Ed L. Cashin <ecashin@coe.uga.edu> writes:
>
> > I noticed that some deleted articles are reappearing when I re-enter a
> > group, like this:
>
> Yes. NOV lines are cached indefinitely even when the article has been
> removed from the server.
> You can disable caching with
> (setq nnimap-nov-is-evil t)
> now if you want a "correct" summary buffer.

I have been using:

(add-hook 'gnus-summary-prepared-hook '(lambda () (gnus-summary-limit-to-marks " rRO!?")))

which has taken care of, well _my_ issues, with the cache.  And the
speed improvement means the occasional rm'ing of News/overview is
easily worth it.

(PS.  Please forgive me if there is a better way to do this.  "Iknownothink".)