Re: message count

Amos Gouaux <amos+lists.nnimap@utdallas.edu> writes:

> Since using nnimap, I've created some folders using nnimap itself.
> I have no problems and these folders fit in place and work just like
> the others.  Except, when I start up gnus, these folders are not
> polled.  Instead, the new message count is a "*", and is not updated
> until after opening that folder.  (To be honest, I wouldn't mind if
> some, if not most, of my other "original" folders did that as well,
> to speed up start up.)
>
> Anyway, I just noticed that difference and was wondering of others
> saw the same thing.  (nnimap-0.126, pgnus-0.95)

I think that what you are looking for is a feature in gnus called
"Group Levels".  It is documented in the gnus docs in the section on
the group buffer.

By messing with group levels, you can arrange for gnus to check,
i.e. see if there are new unread articles, only the groups you want it
to check.

--
--Ed Cashin
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu