No such article (may have expired or been canceled)

I seem to have a problem where occasionally after moving and/or
deleting a message, quitting the group, updating and then re-entering I
get this:

Generating summary...done
No such article (may have expired or been canceled)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
nnimap: Setting marks in INBOX...

and the Summary fails to appear -- presumably the error is an article
which is gone but attempting to display anyway because of the NOV
cache or marks being out of date.  (Re-entering again rectifies the
problem) I don't have time to track it and it's kinda random (i.e. I
don't know exactly what does it yet -- I'll forward more info as I
find it)

(gnus 0.95/nnimap 0.126)

--
-Jas