Re: Post to nnimap?

Amos Gouaux <amos+lists.nnimap@utdallas.edu> writes:

> j> I just tried to post to an nnimap group, but it doesn't work:
> j> Couldn't send message via news: Nnimap doesn't support posting
>
> I would think that using the Newsgroups header is going to make it
> try to use NNTP, which isn't the same as IMAP.

Not if you say C-u C-c C-c or if you set gnus-post-method.

> What we do is just create an alias that simply directs mail into the
> shared folder.  So it's like using a listserv, only that instead of
> each recipient getting a copy, only the shared folder gets it.

Well, we could have used bboard+foo@imap.server.host, but why submit
the message to sendmail if it works directly?  Also, if we do that, we
need to allow anyone to post in the group -- our security person has
got me inflicted with his paranoia, I guess...

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.