Re: topics & tomorrow

Vadim Gutnik <gutnik@mtl.mit.edu> writes:

> And lots of existing gnus code depends on being able to write to a
> file with the the group name. (Right now for a mailbox like
> ~/IMAP/whatever, I get ~/News/cache/~/Imap/whatever, which is
> correct, sort of, but pretty darn annoying). Isn't there some way
> around this? nndoc gets around this by making the path part of the
> server name, I think.

We already use the server name for the actual server name. We could
extend it with something like `server^reference, a group would then
look like:

nnimap+mail^~/Imap/:whatever

This isn't a great idea IMO.

I think we should focus on making existing gnus code encode (RFC2152?)
the group name if it can't be used directly.

If there are other alternatives, I'm all ears.