Re: topics & tomorrow

Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

> Vadim Gutnik <gutnik@mtl.mit.edu> writes:
>
> > A related note: it would be nice if I could set a default folder path
> > for each IMAP server in nnimap. So, in this case, all the folders on
> > the CIS server would have default path ~/Private/spool, and you could
> > just refer to it as
> >
> > nnimap+CIS: mbo
>
> I don't think this is a good idea.

<3 fine arguments>

Ok, I don't have a problem with the arguments. However, I'm stuck with
the UWashington server, and gnus is not happy with groups with slashes
in the names; there's a regexp in gnus-group-make-group that doesn't
allow them. And lots of existing gnus code depends on being able to
write to a file with the the group name. (Right now for a mailbox like
~/IMAP/whatever, I get ~/News/cache/~/Imap/whatever, which is correct,
sort of, but pretty darn annoying). Isn't there some way around this?
nndoc gets around this by making the path part of the server name, I
think.

	Vadim