Re: Marking with E is slow

Mats Lidell <Mats.Lidell@contactor.se> writes:

> In the case of expiry I can't really see the benefit of immediate
> marking on the server side. Isn't it enough just to mark it locally
> and then at exit when gnus anyway marks articles for deletion also do
> the marking for expiry. Then marking with a range could possibly be
> performed more efficiently to.

nnimap 0.32 will do this. Marks should only be set when quiting (not
exiting) a group, so this takes care of both interactive performance
and setting (almost) all flags that has to be updated with just one
command.

I'm waiting for some patches to be applied to pGnus before I release
0.32 -- this will also mean that you will need to upgrade to pGnus to
use nnimap (or patch your Gnus 5.6 yourself, I'll post patches here).

/s