Re: Marking with E is slow

>>>>> Simon wrote:

Simon> There will be a new backend function for setting marks, and it
Simon> will accept a range of articles to mark -- this will speed up
Simon> some things conciderably.

I have this habbit of reading, or shall we say not reading, articles
by hitting ^k. This is normally very fast. However in an nnimap folder
that is auto expirable there is a serious slowdown due to the marking
of the articles.

In the case of expiry I can't really see the benefit of immediate
marking on the server side. Isn't it enough just to mark it locally
and then at exit when gnus anyway marks articles for deletion also do
the marking for expiry. Then marking with a range could possibly be
performed more efficiently to.

Yours
--
%% Mats