Re: Port numbers in .authinfo lost with upgrade to 0.3.30/0.3.31

jrp@informix.com (Joshua R. Poulson) writes:

> Setup: Commented out all of the servers except one of the Imail ones,
> and fired up the reader.

Thanks for your effort.

> A4 FETCH 1,* (UID)
> * 1 FETCH (UID 205794373)
> A4 OK FETCH completed

1: the server is broken, it should return two UID's.

2: Emacs/Gnus can't handle integers larger than 2^27-1 bits.

We could work around 1 but it wouldn't be of much use until number 2
is fixed. We could either use the bignum libraries from `calc' or
start hacking on bignum support in Emacs.

Re-compiling XEmacs, as Jim points out, would get you 3 more bits to
play with and should get you going unless your server starts closing
in on the 2^32 limit.

(I'm personally truly amazed that Emacs doesn't already have bignums.)

/s