Server-Based Splitting?

I'm not sure if this is even possible but can the split rules specified for
nnimap somehow be published to the server?  There might be times when I need to
access my mail via a web browser using Exchange Server's HTTP protocol
support.  If the nnimap rules are only known to gnus, all my mail will be found
in my INBOX because gnus has not yet had a chance to process it.

MS Outlook as an IMAP client allows you the ability to create filter rules that
are server-based, not client-based.  This means that the messages are filtered
as they are delivered to Exchange Server so that any client can read
pre-filtered messages.  As a matter of fact, I used this feature to test nnimap
before I was ready to try nnimap-split-rules.  I had Exchange Server pre-filter
certain message types to specified mailboxes/folders and subscribed via nnimap
to only those folders.  This worked quite well.  NOw that I've moved to
nnimap-split-rules I'd like to have those rules applied even without gnus.

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com