Re: Server-Based Splitting?

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> wrote:

>I'm not sure if this is even possible but can the split rules specified
>for nnimap somehow be published to the server? There might be times
>when I need t o access my mail via a web browser using Exchange
>Server's HTTP protocol support. If the nnimap rules are only known to
>gnus, all my mail will be foun d in my INBOX because gnus has not yet
>had a chance to process it.

as far as i'm aware, server-based mail filtering is specific to the
particular server you're using (MS-Exchange), and isn't part of IMAP
itself.

Netscape's Messaging server doesn't support this yet (although I wish it
did), and i'm not aware that the UWashington one does either.

And of course, when/if these other servers *do* support it, it'll
probably be done/managed in a different way anyway...

bummer, eh ? :-(

--
Andrew J Cosgriff <ajc@bing.wattle.id.au> exterminate all rational thought !
                      hair edible what advertising zodiac