Re: Split Problem

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> So I took the plunge and edited my nnimap server entry in the server
> buffer to add nnimap-split-rules.  Here's what my server entry now
> looks like (I used the edit-server function - 'e' - of the server
> buffer to do this):

I really think you should be using gnus-secondary-methods instead.

You won't lose anything by removing your gnus IMAP groups and Gnus
IMAP server definition and then adding it to gnus-secondary-methods --
all marks and stuff is stored on the server.

(You will however lose Gnus group parameters such as To address, To
list etc. Theese things should be stored on a ACAP server and not in
.newsrc.eld, but this is another project)

           ^

> When I start gnus, after being prompted for username and password, I get an
> error "Wrong type argument: listp, quote".  What am I doing wrong?

I don't think you need a quote when editing server definitions,
everything there are already quoted. Try removing the "'".

> As a side note, the nnimap-server-username and
> nnimap-server-password variables are not defined (yet) by nnimap
> even though they appear in some sample stuff published by Simon.

Actually they are removed in 0.3.14 and future versions -- by having
username/password in the server definition your password could end up
in your .newsrc (often publicly readable), and will be shown when
using M-x gnus-bug, and probably even more places.

In 0.3.13 and future versions, you can use nnimap-authinfo-file for
username/password information (just as nntp-authinfo-file).

/s