Re: Split Problem

    Simon> Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:
    >> So I took the plunge and edited my nnimap server entry in the server
    >> buffer to add nnimap-split-rules.  Here's what my server entry now looks
    >> like (I used the edit-server function - 'e' - of the server buffer to do
    >> this):

    Simon> I really think you should be using gnus-secondary-methods instead.

OK.  I tried that.

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '(
        (nnimap "truman"
              (nnimap-list-pattern "INBOX")
              (nnimap-split-inbox "INBOX")
              (nnimap-split-rule
                '(("INBOX/Emacs/Help" "^To:.*help-gnu-emacs\\|^Resent-From:.*help-gnu-emacs\\|^Cc:.*help-gnu-emacs")
                  ("INBOX/Emacs/Gnus" "^Resent-From:.*info-gnus-english\\|^To:.*info-gnus-english")
                  ("INBOX/Emacs/XEmacs" "^Resent-From:.*xemacs@xemacs.org\\|^To:.*xemacs@xemacs.org\\|^Cc:.*xemacs@xemacs.org"))))
        (nnml "exchange"
              (nnmail-spool-file "po:colman")
              ;(nnmail-movemail-program 'nnmail-pop3-movemail)
              (nnmail-pop-password-required t))
        ))

I still get exacty the same error.

    Simon> You won't lose anything by removing your gnus IMAP groups and Gnus
    Simon> IMAP server definition and then adding it to gnus-secondary-methods
    Simon> -- all marks and stuff is stored on the server.

Interestingly, once I remove "truman" from the gnus-secondary-select-methods,
and killed him from the server buffer, I was getting errors aout loading a
'nil' file.  I had to delete the nnimap groups from the group buffer in order
to continue working.

    Simon> (You will however lose Gnus group parameters such as To address, To
    Simon> list etc. Theese things should be stored on a ACAP server and not in
    Simon> .newsrc.eld, but this is another project)

Another part of nnimap project or a seperate project?

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com