Re: Connection Timeout Problem

    SJ> Try killing the " *nnimap* yourservernamehere" buffer and reconnect.
    SJ> There really should be a "force close" command in the server buffer
    SJ> to do that.

Killing the "nnimap truman" buffer did not fix anything.  I still could not
connect to the server and, again, was forced to exit XEmacs.

    SJ> But that's not the best solution, we should find out why it hangs in
    SJ> the first place.  Could you frob `imap-log' and look in the
    SJ> *imap-log* buffer after pressing C-g when this happen?  Any leads
    SJ> there?

The last few entries in my imap-log are:

998 OK FETCH completed.
999 UID STORE 4004 +FLAGS (\Seen)
* 3853 FETCH (FLAGS (\Seen) UID 4004)
999 OK STORE completed.
1000 EXPUNGE
* 3853 EXISTS
1000 OK EXPUNGE completed.
1001 CLOSE
1001 OK CLOSE completed.
* BYE Microsoft Exchange IMAP4rev1 server version 5.5.1960.6 closing connection due to timeout
1002 SELECT "INBOX"
1003 SELECT "INBOX"
1004 SELECT "INBOX"

After the hang, if I pressed 'g' to fetch email, it would make the 'SELECT
"INBOX"' in the log file. C-g did not produce any other output.

I suppose the problem is that the Exchange Server issued a BYE.  But I spoke
to my S.A. and he says nothing has changed on the Exchange Server.  So it
must always have been producing those BYEs.  Why would an XEmacs and Packages
upgrade break me?

I should mention that I am not using a stock version of gnus.  My gnus is
refreshed from the CVS snaphots and my last refresh was quite sometime ago.
Could there be some incompatibility between my old CVS snapshot and the newer
XEmacs and/or Packages?

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 928-4640
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com

microsoft: "where do you want to go today?"
linux:     "where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD:       "are you guys coming, or what?"