Re: Connection Timeout Problem

I am still having the problem but I have some additioal information for you.

    SJ> Try killing the " *nnimap* yourservernamehere" buffer and reconnect.
    SJ> There really should be a "force close" command in the server buffer
    SJ> to do that.

This does not work.  Evaluating the expression "(delete-process "imap")",
however, does seem to work.

    SJ> But that's not the best solution, we should find out why it hangs in
    SJ> the first place.  Could you frob `imap-log' and look in the
    SJ> *imap-log* buffer after pressing C-g when this happen?  Any leads
    SJ> there?

Here are the contents of some relevant buffers:

message-log
-----------
Opening nnimap server on truman...
Process not open for writing: #<network connection "imap" (143 . "truman") state:exit>

imap-log
--------
720 OK FETCH completed.
721 UID STORE 1541 +FLAGS (\Seen)
* 989 FETCH (FLAGS (\Seen \Recent) UID 1541)
721 OK STORE completed.
722 EXPUNGE
* 989 EXISTS
722 OK EXPUNGE completed.
723 CLOSE
723 OK CLOSE completed.
* BYE Microsoft Exchange IMAP4rev1 server version 5.5.1960.6 closing connection due to timeout
724 SELECT "INBOX"

I should add that the other day things did seem to work correctly.  My SA
assures me that the Exchange Server has not been touched or modified in
anyway.  Any clue as to what is going on or how I can help you resolve this?

TIA!

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 928-4640
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com

microsoft: "where do you want to go today?"
linux:     "where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD:       "are you guys coming, or what?"