Re: uidvalid

Kai>  Was the group empty before you moved the first message?  On some
Kai>  IMAP servers, the uidvalidity value changes every time a folder
Kai>  becomes empty.

No, the group wasn't empty.  But the items in it were all newer than the
items that I was sending to it...

>> 2) How can I move my e-mails?

Kai>  When you move one message into the group, then do the clear-data
Kai>  and `G p' thing, then move the second message, does the
Kai>  uidvalidity change _again_?

Server-side, sometimes.  Of course, if I remove the Gnus uidvalidity and
don't restore it until moving all the emails, then Gnus won't complain.

>> 3) Why does moving e-mails in this way not update uidvalidity?

Kai>  Hm?  I thought you were saying that uidvalidity _is_ changed?  Or
Kai>  are you referring to the value stored on the Gnus side?

Yes - I was referring to the Gnus side.

Kai>  Well, when uidvalidity is not yet set for a group, Gnus remembers
Kai>  the first value it gets from the server.  But Gnus never changes
Kai>  its idea of the uidvalidity, just to be on the safe side.

I see.  It appears that my server has its uidvalidity related to the
oldest article in the folder.

Thanks for your help:)
  Anthony.

--