Re: uidvalid

Kai>  I _think_ that the following can be done successfully: say M-x
Kai>  gnus-group-clear-data RET on the IMAP group, then use `G p' to
Kai>  remove the uidvalidity value.

This works well.
I've just confirmed my suspicion that the cause was moving posts into
the nnimap group.  Unfortunately, I have many emails that I wish to move
from my local nnml group to groups on the nnimap server.  When the first
one is moved (or copied), uidvalidity becomes invalid.

1) I believe that for this cause, there is no need to do
   gnus-group-clear-data.

2) How can I move my e-mails?

3) Why does moving e-mails in this way not update uidvalidity?

(nnimap 0.131)

Thanks!
  Anthony.

--
Anthony Doggett - AntDog@iname.com
*** If you could be any inanimate object, what would you be?