Re: `a' in a mail-and-news group

Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

> Kai Großjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE> writes:
>
> >   - `f' fills out To and Cc headers with sender and recipients of the
> >     original message and also adds a (filled-out) Newsgroups header
> >   - `r' fills out the To header and does not add a Newsgroups header
>
> Uhm, wouldn't followups be sent by mail then?  That isn't what you
> would expect for shared IMAP mailboxes, surely? (Or is it? I don't use
> shared IMAP mailboxes.)

I'm just looking at my own situation and I'm trying to get you to do
what is best for me.  That's not good; I now realize.  So I'd be happy
if there was _some_ way to get what I want, it needn't be the default.

Our situation is this: we have a project that a couple of us are
working on, and there are external partners (at another site) also
participating.  Now, when answering a message from an external
partner, we want the reply to go there as well as in our shared IMAP
mailbox.

This already works (sort of) with gcc-self.  But the Gcc header
doesn't show up in the resulting message.  Hm.  Maybe we should just
use Gcc and live with the results.  Hm.

There are also messages which aren't sent by mail to anyone -- they
are just for communication amongst us.  For these messages, the
Newsgroups header seems the most logical.  What should one do when
having one group which contains both `internal' and `external'
messages?

I'm getting confused...

kai
--